Political Research Paper: Writing Tips and Sample Topic Ideas
Whether political science is your major or not, you may face the necessity to write a political research paper. As politics is a very important issue for our society and every one of us, you have a chance to learn much interesting and important information. We will try to help you with choosing a good political research paper topic.
Political science studies both:
- Theory of politics
- Practice of politics
This means, that your political research paper can be either focused on studying theoretical issues or investigating a concrete case. Consult with your professor about whether you are allowed any of these two approaches.
To choose a political research paper, you need first to decide which subject area is the most interesting for you. For example, the following fields are popular with students who are to write political research papers:
- Forms of government
- History of political theory
- Methodology of political science
- National political processes
- International relations
- Political psychology
- Political philosophy et al
Then, you go narrower and choose a subject that you will study. For example, if you focus on political philosophy, you may study rights or justice.
After you have chosen a subject, read several information sources in order to formulate a question that you will answer in your political research paper. When you have fulfilled this step, your political research paper topic is ready.
Political Research Paper: Sample Topics
To illustrate how a political research paper topic can be formulated, we have prepared a list of sample topics for you:
- Political research paper: topic 1. Political aspects of regional economic cooperation
- Political research paper: topic 2. Comparative study of democracy in the Ancient Greece and in the modern USA
- Political research paper: topic 3. Political Process and Media
- Political research paper: topic 4. Confucius’s approach to ethics in politics
- Political research paper: topic 5. Empirical methods in political scienc